Who are high volume portal users, characteristics .
High volume portal users in salesforce.com are the limited access portal users. They don’t have any roles. Due to absence of roles high volume portal users have no problem like performance issues associated with role hierarchy calculations. These type of users have both Customer portal and Authenticated website license types.
Characteristics of High volume users.
- High volume users contacts are enabled to get access to salesforce customer portal.
- High volume users have Authenticated website license.
- High volume sharing group will share the records they own.
Limitation of High volume portal users in Salesforce.
- They can’t share records manually.
- High volume user’s can transfer cases from non high volume portal users to high volume portal users.
- They don’t have own accounts.
- These users can not be included in sharing rules, personal groups etc.
- They can be included in Salesforce content libraries.
- This type of users can not be assigned to territories.