What is Partner Portal in Salesforce.com ?
In Salesforce.com, User’s can login to Salesforce from outside website using partner Portal. Partner Portal allows companies to empower their indirect sales channels to sell more thus maximize channel ROI. With a secure, partner-only website, companies can provide their sales partners with personalised access to salesforce.com data. With appropriate user permissions, partner user can see the data and can not edit or modify the data. With partner relationship management (PRM), companies can create multiple portals to manage, track, and forecast their channel business alongside their direct sales business thus fostering closer relationships with partners that translate into higher profits. Channel managers utilize Partner accounts to manage partner companies, user and activities. Partner Portal users have limited access to salesforce.com based upon the particular license they are assigned – Silver (Standard) or Gold (Strategic). Depending on the type of license, users may have access to
- Collaborate on sales opportunities with tasks and activities.
- Provide self-service functionality with case management, Salesforce Knowledge (view and rate), Solutions and Answers.
- Allow users to run customizable reports.
- Provide access to documents and Salesforce CRM Content (read-only).
- Access to a knowledge base for customers using Salesforce Knowledge.
- Allow customers to participate in Salesforce Ideas communities.
- Expose access to custom objects to display and collect information for custom applications.
- Ability to create profiles with customizable page layouts, list views, sharing rules, user roles, role hierarchy and field-level security.
- Enable access via single sign-on.
- Brand the look and feel by changing colors, fonts, logos and customizing tabs and their order.
- Customize communication templates.
- Assign a salesforce.com user as the portal administrator.
How to create Partner Portal Accounts in Salesforce?
Before creating Partner Portal Account in Salesforce.com, we must create new business account and then we have to enable Partner. Follow the steps given below to create partner Portal Account in Salesforce.
- Go to Accounts Tab and Select It.
- Now Select your Business account and click in Manage External Account. When we click on Manage External Account a drop down display Enable As Partner. Now Click on it as shown below.
- When we Enable as Partner in Account a pop up windows displays a message as shown below.
- Click on Save button.