Customization in the cloud using force.com
With Force.com developers can customize declaratively or programmatically. Customization in the cloud can be done in two ways they are.
- Declarative Customization.
- Programmatic customization.
- Declarative Customization can be made point and click in the browser.
- Declarative Customization require an understanding of Force.com concepts, without coding knowledge.
- Declarative Customization = Simplicity + Speed.
- Programmatic Customization’s are made with code.
- Programmatic Customization’s require coding skills and allow developers to extend beyond the declarative Salesforce.com Capabilities.
- Programmatic Customization = Control + Flexibility.
Application building blocks in Salesforce.com.
In Salesforce.com customization can be done through Declarative Customization and Programmatic customization. There are three steps in Application building they are
- User Interface.
- Business Logic and.
- Data Models.
Difference between Declarative and Programmatic Customization in Salesforce.com.
|Declarative Customization||Programmatic Customization|
|| Can extend the capabilities of an standard
|Does not require Programmatic Skills|
|It is Fast.|
|Easy of upgrades.|
|Easy of Maintenance|