Salesforce administrator interview questions – Part 1
1. What is Cloud computing?
“Cloud Computing is a new trend in IT development, deployment, Delivery module of business Products, Services that are provided over the internet that are been used by the real time User“.
- Read more on Cloud Computing => What is Cloud Computing.
2. Expand CRM and briefly explain about CRM ?
Full form for CRM or Acronym for CRM is “Customer Relationship Management “. We can understand from the full form where CRM is an application used to automate Sales and marketing functions by a using a Software called CRM Software . BY using CRM Software every Company / Organization plans to increase their revenues and profits. This strategy of increasing revenue is done mainly by attracting Customers, clients, Sales etc.
- Read more on CRM :- What is CRM.
3. List some CRM Software’s?
We have number of CRM softwares which are provided by top CRM companies some of them are listed below depending upon their present market.
- Salesforce CRM.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Oracle CRM.
- SAP CRM.
- Sage CRM.
- NetSuite CRM.
- Oracle CRM on Demand.
- Oracle Sales Cloud(Fusion CRM).
4. What are the Advantages of Cloud Computing?
- Cloud computing has made tremendous growth in processing power, reliability of the Internet and the great increase in broadband speeds.
- It makes tremendous sense to make use of the centralized server of the provider of cloud computing services as not only does it reduce the costs by a great extent by making redundant the need to buy several software licenses, it also eliminates the huge costs required by an organization to maintain and upgrade existing software.
- Read more on Cloud Computing Advantages :- Cloud Computing Advantages.
5. What is the definition of CRM?
“Cloud Computing definition given by NIST (US National Institute of Standards and Technology) : Cloud Computing is a model for enabling ubiquitous, convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction“.
6. What are deployment modes of cloud computing?
Cloud computing services can be provided in four different deployment modes depending on size and structure of an organization. Four deployment modes of cloud computing are
- Public Cloud.
- Private Cloud.
- Hybrid Cloud and
- Community Cloud.
7. What is PaaS?
PaaS means” Platform as a Service”. Here in “PaaS “ the cloud service providers provides hardware, OS(operating System), Storage, Network services over the cloud. It is the way like a rent. If there is no service like Platform and there will be no Applications. Which applications are build on a Platform.
Get more details on Paas :- What is PaaS.
8. What is SaaS?
SaaS means Software as a Service. Through this Services all the software’s are distributes over the cloud. By using SaaS no need to install any software all software’s are readily available over the internet .
- Get more details on SaaS :- What is SaaS.
9. What is IaaS?
Full form IaaS is “Infrastructure as a Service”. Here in IaaS the cloud service providers will provides infrastructure like servers, hosting services and storage. Servers and storage’s are the basic services provide by Cloud Service Providers.
- Get more details on IaaS :- What is IaaS.
10. What is Public Cloud?
Public cloud can be available to people across the world. In this Public Cloud the user has no control over the resources.
11. What is Private Cloud?
Private Cloud Can be accessed only with in the limited premises. In Private cloud Cloud Services Providers Cloud infrastructure to particular Organization or Business specially. This Cloud infrastructure is not provided to others.
13. What is Hybrid Cloud?
Hybrid Cloud is the combination of number of clouds of any type but the cloud has the ability to allow data and / or applications to be moved from on cloud to another cloud. Hybrid Cloud is a combination of (Public Cloud ,Private Cloud, Community Cloud). Here API is used as an interface between public and Private Cloud.
14. What are the different types of Cloud Service providers?
Cloud Service Providers are those who provide cloud services to the business and customers or consumers. Cloud Service providers will have huge data base, Data centers, infrastructure, software’s, platform and hardware systems.
- Get more details on Cloud Service providers :- Different Cloud service providers list.
15. Difference between Public and Private Cloud?
Public cloud can be available to people across the world. In this Public Cloud the user has no control over the resources. Where Private Cloud Can be accessed only within the limited premises. In Private cloud Cloud Services Providers Cloud infrastructure to particular Organization or Business specially. This Cloud infrastructure is not provided to others.
16. Salesforce.com is based on which cloud computing Service ?
Salesforce.com is based on Software as a Service ( SaaS).
17. What are common factors on SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS?
SaaS, Paas and IaaS are the three types of services provided using “cloud”. Their common factor for providing services to organization and customer is the “CLOUD”depending upon the types of the service they need. Saas provides Software service on cloud where PaaS provides Platform for application development and finally IaaS provides Infrastructure.