PaaS – What is PaaS Cloud ?
Full form for PaaS is “Platform as a Service”. Here in PaaS, the cloud service providers provides hardware, OS(operating System), Storage, Network services over the cloud.It is the way like a rent service where we have to pay to service providers on subscription. If there is no service like “Platform as a Service” every organization must arrange their own hardware, storage, network services, operating system which makes them huge cost. So using Platform as a Service applications are build on a Platform.
The main aim of the Platform as a service cloud is to provide environment for developing various applications. All tools that are required for development are provided by PaaS Service provides only.
- No need to maintain Data Bases.
- No need of software updation.
- Maintenance will not be required.
- Network access.
- Tools for application design and development.
- It also provides server side scripting.
Advantages of Platform as a Service(PaaS).
- It provides high security to our data.
- It also provides backup to our data base.
- PaaS provides customer choice features.
- Using this PaaS Service every person can able to develop application with out any development skills.
- Maintenance cost is reduced.
Platform as a Service will have many advantages like Operating System features can changed, Upgraded frequently by the IaaS Cloud Service Provider.
Top Paas cloud providers.
- Amazon web Services – AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- Appistry – CloudQ Platform.
- Appscale .
- Ca technologies
- Engine Yard.
- Visual WebGui.