How to Send Mass Email in Salesforce
Mass Email in Salesforce is not designed to be an email marketing solution. Here in email distribution lists we have contacts, leads, person accounts, or users that are accessible to your user in salesforce.com. Using this feature we can send mass email in salesforce up to a maximum of 1,000 external email addresses per day and the number of external email addresses in your list is dependent on our Salesforce edition. We can send unlimited mass emails to internal users in Salesforce.com.
Before sending Mass Email in Salesforce check the following points.
- For use with mass emails, we have to create email templates using plain text or HTML (with and without letterheads) which includes record-specific data via merge fields, graphics and attachments.
- Mass emails can be sent immediately or scheduled for delivery.
- Users can view and cancel mass emails they schedule by clicking Setup -> Email -> My Mass Emails.
- Administrators can view and cancel mass emails scheduled by all users in their Organisation by clicking Setup -> Monitoring -> Mass Email.
In Salesforce.com we can send mass Email to contacts, leads, Salesforce users. For example we want to send Mass Emails for a person Contact then we to navigate to Contact or cases tab and click on Mass Email Contacts. To send Mass emails to Leads go to Leads tab and click on mass Email Leads link.
Points to be noticed when sending Mass Email in Salesforce.
- The “from” email field is automatically generated with the sending user’s email address and cannot be changed.
- You cannot send a mass email using a Visualforce email template.
- Salesforce.com has some issues with whitelisting of mass emails that may cause your mail to in up in the recipient’s spam folder.
If our Organisation has more complex mass email requirements or needs to send very large volumes of mail, we have to go for one of the many mass email applications available on the AppExchange. Pricing typically depends upon volume but these applications do offer some attractive features such as the ability use pre-designed templates, easily build segmented lists, track post-launch statistics (opens, clicks, bounces, unsubscribes, etc.) and opt-in/out management all from within salesforce.com.