Force.com platform Applications : In this Salesforce Tutorial we are going to learn about Force.com Development, different force.com applications. In our previous Salesforce Training Tutorial we have learned about force.com platform and force.com platform architecture.
What is Force.com platform ?
Force.com platform is type of platform which is used to develop applications by developers in salesforce.com. It is Platform as a Service (PaaS) based service provided by salesforce.com to store every data in the form of metadata.
Force.com applications types.
In force.com we can divide force.com applications in to four types they are.
- Content-centric Applications.
- Transaction-centric Applications.
- Process centric applications.
- Data centric applications.
What is Content-centric network ?
Content centric Network is new network in cloud computing which is designed to address the problems of the people and enabling automatic application-neutral memory caching.
Content centric Applications
- Force.com has applications managed storage.
- Data can managed and protected.
- High speed due to memory caching.
- Low cost and complexity.
- Force.com platforms are integrated with operational environments.
- Independent Storage nodes.
What are transaction centric applications ?
Transaction centric applications are those which belong to banking, online payment and different transnational processes. When developing Transaction centric applications uses number of applications.
Transaction centric Applications.
- Online payments.
- More effective when managing dynamic environments.
- Ability to trace transactions.
- End-to-End Visibility.
What are process centric applications ?
Process centric Applications automates business process in an organization. These applications eliminates unnecessary touch points and duplicate data entries.
Process centric applications.
- They are used to track bugs in a system.
- In procurement process.
- Approval Process.
What are Data centric Applications?
Data centric applications are those who have powerful data bases. These applications are specially designed for storing the data in the form of spreadsheets.
Data centric applications.
- These applications are used in CRM systems.
- ERP systems.
- Human resource management systems.