Deployments in Salesforce live agent – SFDC Tutorials : Creating deployment in salesforce live agent or configuring deployments in salesforce live agent is same. Here we should know what is deployment in salesforce live agent, why should we create deployments in salesforce live agent.
What is deployment in salesforce live agent ?
Deployment consists of set of Java script lines. It enables us to create different branding and domains in live agent for multiple service centers that supports multiple websites. Different set permissions for online visitors can be made.
How to create deployment in salesforce live agent ?
Deployments in salesforce live agent can be created using live agent deployment API.
Follow the steps shown below for Creating deployments in Salesforce live agent .
- Go to Setup=>Build=>Customize=>live agent=>Deployments.
Click on Deployments as shown above to create new deployment in salesforce live agent.
- Now click on new button.
- A new page will be opened. Enter all the details as shown below.
- Enter name for the deployment.
- Developer name will be automatically entered.
- Enter a name as title for live chat window.
- Enable allow visitors to save transcription check box.
- Finally click on Save button.
When we click on save button salesforce generates the deployment code. This deployment code will be used. Copy and paste the code in web page that you want to deploy live agent.
The above shown is the deployment code. Simply copy and paste the code. Use opening and ending body tags for better performance.