Delegation in management – Salesforce Delegated administration
Delegation in management :- In our last Salesforce tutorial we have learned about how to expire all passwords in Salesforce.com. In this Salesforce tutorial we are going to learn about Delegation in management which is Salesforce delegated administration and what is delegated administration in salesforce.
What is Salesforce delegation in management ?
Through Salesforce delegating user management we can share our tasks to users that are not assigned with system administrator. System administrator will do delegated user management in salesforce.com.
Through Salesforce Delegation in management we can save our time and effort. Salesforce delegated user management can be done in two ways. They are
- By creating profile and assigning user permissions.
- Using delegated administration.
Here we using Salesforce delegated administration to extend certain admin permissions to non administrators. For Salesforce Delegation in management we have to perform three actions. They are
- Adding user to user administration.
- Adding profiles to Assignable profiles.
- Adding objects to Custom object administration.
Roles, subordinates, delegated administrators which are added in user administration can edit and create users and also can reset passwords.
Delegated admins can assign only profiles.
Custom object administration
Through custom object administration we can provide certain custom object permissions to delegated administrators.
Salesforce Delegation in management setup.
- Go to Setup=>Administer=>Security Control=>Delegated Administration.
Click on Delegated Administration and we are taken to new page where we have to create new delegated group in salesforce.com.
- Select New button to create new delegated group.
- Enter group name.
- Select Enable Group check box.
- click on save button.
Now we are redirected to new page where we have to add user’s in user administration section.
- Go to User administration.
- Click on Add button.
- Now add roles and subordinates.
- Click Save button.
Now we have to Add profiles to the roles and subordinates in assignable profiles section.
- Go to Assignable profiles.
- Click on add button.
Click on add profiles as shown below.
- Add profiles.
- Click on Save button.
Now we have to add custom objects in custom object administration section as shown below.
- Click on Add button to add custom objects.
- Click Save button.
- Add custom objects.
- Click Save.