Create live agent button in salesforce – live agent Button : Creating live agent button is the third process in salesforce live agent configurations. Here during creation of live agent button in salesforce we can add image button, chat forms, custom agent names and other.
Why should we create live agent button in salesforce ?
To chat with customers and real time website visitors we have to add custom button in our web page. Using chat live agent chat buttons agent can initiate the chat session.
How to create live agent button in salesforce ?
Creating salesforce live agent chat button is easy and must be careful while making settings with chat buttons and invitations area of the set up menu. The settings what we make with chat buttons and invitation will control the working of the buttons in our website.
Additional features for salesforce live agent can be customized using apex and visualforce page.
Follow the steps given below to create live agent button in salesforce.
- Go to Setup=>Build=>Customize=>Live agent=>Chat buttons & Invitations.
Select chat buttons and invitations to create new chat button.
- Click on New button to create chat button in salesforce live agent.
A new page will be opened where it contains two sections basic information and chat button customization.
- Select the type of the chat button from the drop down list. It contains two types Chat button and automated invitation.
- Enter name and developer name.
- In routing type we have three values in the drop down list they are choice, least active and most available. Select the routing type so that the incoming chats are routed to live agents in salesforce.
- Select skills.
- Select deployment.
- Enter Custom agent name.
- Enter auto greeting message.
- Finally Save all the settings.
The above page will be appeared after saving all the settings. The above code shown can be copied and pasted in our web page to activate salesforce live agent chat. Successfully we have created live agent button in salesforce – live agent Button.