Amazon Web Services : In our previous CRM Software Training Tutorial we have learned about Different Cloud Service providers. In this CRM Salesforce Training Tutorial we are going to learn about Amazon web services EC2, SimpleDB, S3, CloudFront, SQS and Elastic MapReduce.
Amazon Web Services.
Amazon is one of the largest retailer in the world which processes millions of transactions every hour. Amazon has most advanced data centers and infrastructure which provides reliability, speed, automated virtualized operating systems and high storage capacity servers. Amazon Web Services reduces the total cost of a transaction. Amazon Web services provides 5 cloud services. They are
- Elastic Compute Cloud ( EC2 ).
- Simple Storage Service(S3).
- Simple Queue Service (SQ3).
- Elastic MapReduce.
Amazon Web Services EC2.
Amazon EC2 is a virtualized cloud computing environment which provides re-sizable computing capacity in the cloud.
Operating Systems supported by Amazon Web services EC2.
- Red Hat Enterprise.
- Windows Server 2003.
- Oracle enterprise Linux.
- OPenSUSE Linux.
- Ubuntu Linux.
- Gentoo Linux.
Different Software’s supported by Amazon EC2.
- Oracle 11g.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Edition.
- Apache Web Services.
- IIS / ASP.NET.
- Java appliation server.
- JBoss Enterprise application platform and many more software’s.
Amazon WEB Service EC2 Developers Workflow.
- Create an account at http://aws.amazon.com.
- Configuring tools from amazon Developer resource center.
- Create a new instance.
- Deploy the amazon EC2 instance.
- Set up the Elastic block storage.
- Create and configure web application.
- Create An URL for external access to the web application.
- Create many instances if required.
- Monitor instances using Amazon web services console.
Amazon Web Service SimpleDB.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3).
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is a cloud data base and data storage infrastructure which is used to store data, retrieve large amount of data and runs all global websites over internet.
Amazon S3 consists of three storage levels they are.
- Objects : Objects in amazon S3 stored data and metadata. Maximum size is 5Gb.
- Buckets : Objects are stored in buckets and it gives unique namespace to it’s stored objects.
- Keys : To identify and object in buckets keys are used.
Amazon CloudFront is a data distribution network. Amazon CloudFront is integrated with AmazonS3 during the process of data delivering from the nearest location to the calling application.
Amazon Simple Queue Service(SQS).
Amazon SQS supports all the Queue function like Creating Queues, listing Queues, deleting queues, sending messages, receiving message and deleting messages.
Amazon Elastic MapReduce.
Amazon Elastic MapReduce is used to execute multiple parallel instances across many amazon EC2 instances. Amazon S3 storage Service can be used for storing data input and data output.
Amazon Elastic MapReduce is a cloud service which is used for the following environments.
- Data Mining.
- Analytics Data Processing.
- Batch processing.
- Data Cleanup.
- Data Indexing.